Through the support of our DockerCon Diversity Sponsor, the OCI, the Diversity Scholarship Program aims to provide support and guidance to members of the Docker community who are traditionally underrepresented through on-site mentorship and a scholarship to attend DockerCon Copenhagen.
The application process includes completing one of the self paced courses in the Docker Playground along with the scholarship application form. Here are the steps to apply:
Complete at least one of the free self-paced courses available in the Docker Playground. These courses are intended for both Dev and Ops beginner and intermediate level Docker users. Select which course you feel best fits you.
After you’ve finished one of the courses, complete the application here. In the application, you will need to provide the name(s) of the course(s) you completed along with the answers to the quiz at the end of the course.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, 5 September, 2017 at 5:00PM PST
A committee made up of the Docker community will review and select the scholarship recipients based on the completion of one of the courses and application. Recipients will be notified the week of 18 September 2017.
What’s included if you are selected for the scholarship:
- Full DockerCon Conference Pass
- Round-trip airfare
- Hotel accommodations for 4 nights (16 October, 17 October, 18 October, 19 October )
- 1:1 mentorship session with a member of the Docker community on-site at DockerCon
- All applicants must complete at least one self-paced online course found at: http://training.docker.com/category/self-paced-online
- Must be able to attend DockerCon Europe 2017 (16 October - 19 October, 2017)
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply
- Must have a valid passport to travel to Copenhagen
Have questions or concerns? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org